53 years, 11 months and 26 days ago
Monday, June 9, 1969
London, United Kingdom
Recorded Sound Studios
This session is not recorded in Peter Banks's online diary.
In December 2009, Bonhams auction house in London listed this recording at item #5 of lot #258. However, the date is suspect as the first album had mostly been recorded and mixed by the end of May. Would Yes go back to re-record four tracks? The first single was released on July 4 1969:
Various reel-to-reel tape recordings,comprising:
1. 'Dear Father', Everydays', 'Sweetness', 'Something's Coming', approx time 23mins
2. 'Time And A Word', approx time 5:30, box inscribed Time + A Word Backing Track Speak Chris Squire Re Edit
3. 'Time And A Word', approx. time 4:10, a rough mix
4. 'Everydays', 'Something's Coming', 'Dear Father', approx time 19 mins., box with Polydor recording label listing John Anthony as Producer and dated 14.2.69, mono, (with petty cash voucher for £5 for Anthony's work)
5. 'Beyond And Before', 'Sweetness', 'Looking Around', Survival', approx time 20 mins., with Recorded Sound Studios Ltd. label inscribed Polydor Records Paul Clay and dated 9-6-69
6. a BASF box believed to contain a recording for Belgian TV 'Pop-Eye', 14th/15th October 1969
all but the last with CD copy
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:48 PM
Although the session is dated, that may not necessarily be the date the recordings were made, as they are produced by Paul Clay, these are likely from the first album sessions, earlier in the year. I doubt they would have gone back in to the studio with him in June. Therefore, I would be cautious about including this as a show on that particular date.