in 1998 the place was called El AUDITORIO coca cola.
As you might probably agree, all these reviews have talked about everything this fascinating group has offered during the present tour: Experience, virtuos playing, an incredible set list, etc. So I won't get into all that again. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to attend the last concert of this leg of the tour, in Monterrey, Mexico.
People in Monterrey (and Mexico City) had waited a lifetime to see YES play live in our country, and believe me, we were all quite happy this came to be. The band apparently had a great time here in Mexico; some of them went to Acapulco (I heard Billy had a pretty good time down there), some went to see Steve Winwood's concert at the Metropolitan (which I couldn't see)...
I can't complain about the fans who attended the concert in Monterrey. Everybody was pretty much into their music and quite polite. But I do agree that there is still a lot to learn for most YES fans in Mexico. And I feel the band already noticed that, that's why they didn't play "Revealing Science of God".
I had the opportunity to go to San Antonio last year and see YES at the Majestic Theatre. I must say I enjoyed this concert a lot more than the other one.
Anyway, I could sum up:
* All the band members were really into it, which was great for us (the fans).
* Steve Howe smiled more than I've ever seen him smile.
* I can really see Billy and Igor in this group's future (It's not that I want to talk about the future, but...)
* Sound was pretty good, although keyboards could have been a bit louder.
* My highlight: I don't really think the band was planning on coming out again to do Starship Trooper (lights were already turned on), but all the fans kept clapping and shouting for more, so......they came out again. It was quite unbelievable.
Well, I really do hope YES keeps Mexico in mind, and we want to let them now that we are very grateful for including us in this leg of their tour. I understand Mexico might not be THE best place to visit (you know...pollution, security problems and all that crap...) but, we do appreciate their marvelous music and we hope to see you again next tour.
I guess that's it for me, I'll see you in Montreal on June 19th.