YES 50th Anniversary Weekend Official Celebrations
YES, London, UK Fan Convention Day, 25th March 2018 #YES50
To celebrate YES’s 50th anniversary year in 2018, a special fan day and other events have been arranged to coincide with the London tour dates of 24th & 25th March. Devised by YES fans for YES fans, the weekend’s Fan Convention Day will be on the afternoon of March 25th, 2018, at the London Palladium in England, UK, the final date of the UK tour.
This will be the very first time such an official event has been held in the UK. A half century is worth celebrating, so on the special Sunday, YES fans from around the world can immerse themselves in all things YES in the centre of London, where it all began for the band back in 1968.
With events happening all weekend, the Sunday will consist of official YES Merchandise and Roger Dean along with Trading Boundaries. A specially created historic YES bus tour of YES sites will be run over the weekend along with a display of YES memorabilia covering their 50 years. YES alumni are scheduled to appear along with two UK YES tribute bands. There will be a limited number of tickets available. Therefore, we advise you to book early for this special YES celebration day.
YES Fan Convention Weekend Itinerary: -
Friday March 23rd 2018
· 8.30am – 12.45pm. YES 50th Anniversary Tour (Tor) of London. YES history comes alive for three mornings over the weekend. For the very first and only time, a bus tour has been created visiting historically important YES sites around the centre of London. These unique morning tours will cost £35.00. All weekend there will be VERY LIMITED NUMBERS AVAILABLE, please book early. (Tour devised by David Watkinson)
· In the afternoon and evening, it is expected that there will be impromptu meetings of YES fans following the bus tour.
Saturday March 24th 2018
• 8.30am – 12.45pm. YES 50th Anniversary Tour (Tor) of London
• (Limited Numbers Available) • Saturday afternoon and early evening, it is expected that there will be impromptu meetings of YES fans following the bus tour.
• YES Memorabilia display, at the London Palladium in the evening (Curated by David Watkinson)
• A special guest will introduce YES at the concert (Bill Bruford)
• YES concert in the evening, ticket links at [Link]
Sunday March 25th 2018
8.30am – 12.45pm. YES 50th Anniversary Tour (Tor) of London. (Limited Numbers Available)
OFFICIAL YES FAN CONVENTION DAY
The London Palladium, Argyll Street, London, W1F 7TF.
1pm – 5pm This unique event is priced at £30.00 PLUS booking fees
*Yes fans who bought the Meet and Greet packages for Saturday / Sunday will get free entry to the Sunday fan event*.
Sponsored by Prog Magazine UK Personal Appearance by Prog editor Jerry Ewing
• YES members will attend plus YES Alumni
• The official launch and world-wide exclusive availability of the Drama line-up version of Fly From Here, new lead vocals throughout by Trevor Horn, and remix by Trevor, including an unreleased track. (limited numbers available for purchase)
• Roger Dean artwork on display and for sale. Trading Boundaries (Prog Rock venue) will host Roger’s stand. The revealing of the new piece of artwork for Close to the Edge will take place.
• YES tour merchandise will be available for sale
• Q & A with various guests & Roger Dean
• SeYeS: The UK YES Tribute band performing classic YES songs
• Exclusive free YES fan day only, souvenir programme (limited numbers available)
• Yes auction of collectables (monies will go to the chosen charities)
• Uniquely, four YES book authors will be there throughout the day.